Whatever The Reason, Whatever The Season... Visit Us!
Chosen one of the top 10 most beautiful towns in Iowa!
Our Iowa Great Place is nestled between the Mississippi River and the towering bluffs of Northeast Iowa. The streets are lined with 19th century buildings, antique and specialty shops and restaurants.
Enjoy hiking, boating, fishing, Mississippi River tours, shopping, a winery, brewery, casino and more. Enjoy our natural beauty full of magic and wonder at Effigy Mounds National Monument, Pikes Peak State Park and Yellow River State Forest. Lodging options include campgrounds and cabins, hotels and motels and quaint B&Bs.
Join us for special events such as:
- Arts & Crafts Festivals (Spring ~ May 27-29, 2017; Fall ~ October 7-8, 2017; Leaf ~ October 14-15, 2017 )
- Marquette Flea Markets ~ Under The Bridge (Memorial Day Weekend; Fourth of July weekend; Labor Day Weekend; First two weekends of October 2017)
- 15th Annual Progressive Dinner February 2018
- Great River Car Show & Cruise July 15, 2017
- Old West Reenactments (Last Saturday of each month – June 2017 thru October 2017)
- 8th Annual Lazy River Beer & Wine Festival (June 24, 2017)
- Annual Labor Day Parade & Festivities (Saturday, September 2, 2017).
For more information on these & other events, please click on the “Area Events” tab located at the top of this page.
Once you have checked into your room(s), enjoyed shopping/browsing in our many quaint shops, visited our many attractions, satisfied your hunger at one or more of our delicious eating establishments & relaxed (while overlooking the beautiful Mississippi River) there is still so much to see & do. Your comfortable, inviting room will be waiting for you when you return! Stop in to the Chamber office (146 Main St | McGregor, IA) to pick up a copy of this brochure & see more of what Clayton County, IA has to offer!